FIND ALL YOUR CYBER SECURITY ANSWERS ON OUR WIKI PAGEThe Cert2Connect wiki for a clear overview of terminology and the many abbreviations in the cyber, cloud and software security landscape.
Azure Boards is a work tracking system provided by Microsoft Azure DevOps Services (formerly known as Visual Studio Team Services) that helps software development teams plan, track, and manage work efficiently. It is a comprehensive solution for Agile project management and enables teams to collaborate, track progress, and deliver high-quality software.
Key features and concepts of Azure Boards include:
- Work Items: Azure Boards allows teams to create and manage work items, such as user stories, tasks, bugs, and features. Work items capture requirements, tasks, and issues related to the project.
- Backlogs: Backlogs provide a prioritized list of work items, helping teams plan and manage their work over time.
- Sprints: Teams can organize work items into sprints, which are timeboxed iterations used in Agile methodologies like Scrum. Sprints help track progress and deliver value incrementally.
- Kanban Boards: Azure Boards offers Kanban boards for visualizing and managing work items across different stages of completion.
- Customization: Teams can customize work item types, fields, workflows, and processes to match their specific development methodologies.
- Dashboards and Reports: Azure Boards provides customizable dashboards and reports to track key metrics, visualize progress, and make informed decisions.
- Integrated Source Control: Azure Boards integrates with version control systems like Git and TFVC, enabling developers to associate code changes with work items.
- Integration: Azure Boards seamlessly integrates with other Azure DevOps Services components, including Azure Repos, Azure Pipelines, Azure Artifacts, and Azure Test Plans.
- Collaboration: Teams can collaborate on work items, discuss requirements, and provide feedback within the context of the work.
- Team Collaboration: Azure Boards supports collaboration across multiple teams and allows for cross-team visibility.
- Agile and Scrum Practices: Azure Boards supports Agile and Scrum practices, enabling teams to plan, estimate, and deliver work iteratively.
Azure Boards plays a crucial role in fostering collaboration, transparency, and traceability within software development projects. It is particularly beneficial for Agile teams looking to streamline their work processes, improve productivity, and deliver value to customers in a predictable and efficient manner.